Start Learning German in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

which lesson to stay with

KCarter
New in Town

which lesson to stay with

Postby KCarter » May 13th, 2008 4:46 am

the "newbie lessons" seem to be the speed I need to go with. So will I stay with newbie lessons continuously or after so many lessons are yall going to be making me start over at "beginner lesson 1" and come back up that way.

Sprachprofi
Established Presence

Postby Sprachprofi » May 13th, 2008 8:39 am

Both newbie and beginner lessons can be used by absolute beginners. However, the newbie lessons focus on achieving conversational level quickly whereas the beginner lessons pursue a more traditional textbook approach, explaining grammar in more detail.

I recommend following the beginner lessons at the same time as the newbie lessons if you have the time (remember there's only 1 beginner lesson and 1 newbie lesson per week) and if they are not confusing to you. This way you will automatically review a lot of words and expressions and your understanding of grammar will solidify. However, you can also do the series one after the other - or you can skip the beginner series entirely if you don't need to have a solid base of grammar. The newbie series will get you to where you can communicate in German and then there will be a non-linear intermediate series that you could use to build on it. The beginner series is more for those who need to prove their knowledge of German to a traditional educational institution.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Technical Support”