Start Learning German in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Hallo! I'd like to see this!

bighoracio2
New in Town

Hallo! I'd like to see this!

Postby bighoracio2 » June 1st, 2009 6:47 pm

I have seen these videos! http://www.solarnet.tv/forum/index.php? ... 9187.0;all
So I want to know what are these words
Grad
schon
doch and so on... This how people actually talks
So My suggestion is to see in this sites TIps in how to get along with german people in party situations, in the movies, at home, and on the street, and how to buy clothes using street german.

It will be if you include a lesson of commonly used IDIOMS...

**** Another question is
if learning Hihg german if it enough can you do a podcast about the dialectcs and how to get buy, im still deciding to travel mit EF schools but they have only one school in Munich, and over there they speak Bavarian, Now im in school, my objective is to get to the level of B2 (european skill system) but, looking how people talk on youtube videos im very far, im still in level A1.

In brief,
teach expressions that german use(idioms and filling words such as Doch and so on
Talk about high deutsch and the many dialects that there are in germany and if you think if they desapering? and if it safe to me to travel to Munich or i have to get another course and if you recomen one.

Hope you guys reponds and give some direction about the dialects, thankz...

Salivia_Baker
Established Presence

Postby Salivia_Baker » June 6th, 2009 10:17 am

I like that dialect idea as well. Or you could include austrian german / swiss german if you go to austria or the german speaking part of switzerland and not to germany.

If I remember correctly they have such lessons on japanesepod101 :)

Get 40% OFF
bauchweh
New in Town

Postby bauchweh » January 26th, 2010 7:01 am

grad is what you just finished doing. schon in the way you are talking about means already. and doch is "Yes" after someone asks you "is it not" or something in the negative to invoke a yes reply.

bauchweh
New in Town

Postby bauchweh » January 26th, 2010 7:06 am

and yeah, I think it would be great if one of the Germanpod crew went downtown with 3 or 4 of their friends and didn't tell them what they were doing (to keep it real) and recorded the whole trip and then made an audio of it, so we could hear some REAL German :) Sometimes on the radio RPR1 dot DE morning show they get going so fast I hardly understand any of it..other times it's much easier like when a caller is on the line and they go slower. Too bad we couldn't have some live radio made into coursework but I guess the copyright laws mess that up.

Return to “German Lesson Suggestions”