Start Learning German in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Yet another music suggestion

luey
New in Town

Yet another music suggestion

Postby luey » October 17th, 2008 12:50 am

There are so many music suggestions, but I couldn't resist adding just one more. I love Wise Guys, a German acapella group. I don't know how popular they are in Germany (my fiance was introduced to them while he was studying there), but their songs are catchy, cute, and the lyrics are pretty easy to hear. I love Jetst is Sommer and Ohrwurm.

Kare
Been Around a Bit

Postby Kare » October 19th, 2008 2:38 pm

I think they are becoming more and more popular. A friend of mine is a huge fan of them and introduced me to them. And while I still haven't heard much of their music or listened to an entire CD... their name kinda tends to reappear. A lot of people mention them in passing as if it's completely normal to know an Accapella group (the last successful one I remeber would be The Prinzen and it has been quite around them for a while now...) that hardly ever shows in the media...

But the few songs I heard are indeed nice.
Said friend of mine loves "Hinter jeder starken Frau steht auch ein Mann" or however that song is called (it's the chorus, at least, meaning something along the lines of "you'll find a man behind every strong woman", which actually turns the German saying around that you'll find a woman behind every strong man... and it is done in a nice and humorous way, so I can see why people like them...)

Get 40% OFF
Sprachprofi
Established Presence

Postby Sprachprofi » October 28th, 2008 1:54 pm

Incidentally, the next intermediate lesson will feature a song by the Wise Guys, though not that one. It was Chuck's suggestion and had been planned for a long time...

fritzad
New in Town

an oldie but a goodie

Postby fritzad » May 13th, 2009 7:06 am

How about the 1966 version of "Sag mir wo die blumen sind" by Marlene Dietrich. :wink:

Return to “German Lesson Suggestions”