a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

More music suggestions. ^^

Kare
Been Around a Bit

More music suggestions. ^^

Postby Kare » June 1st, 2008 9:13 pm

Since everyone is doing it, I think I will suggest some too. ^^

Personally I think "Wann wird's mal wieder richtig Sommer" by Rudi Carrell would be really fitting around this time of the year, though we already have really warm weather. XD

I also would love to take some Ärzte Songs, but I fear they might be a bit too advanced, since some of that stuff uses words even a normal German doesn't use in day to day language. And some stuff has so much Ironie (Friedenspanzer) that it is a little hard to get across, but maybe you can take "Schrei nach Liebe" or "Hurra", which might be a little hard to understand without the cultural context but could work as a stand alone.

And with Chucks liking for "Rammstein" you really should take one of those. ^^
My personal favorit is "Spieluhr", but that might be way to complex. So why not "Sonne" or something like that? ^^

Oh, and since I think that we have some Tote Hosen fans here:
why not something by them too? "Eisgekühlter Bomolunder" might be to silly, but how about "Bonnie and Clyde" or "Bayern München"? The later would be a good frame for some soccer comments. ;P

And personally I like the stuff by Horch or Lacrimosa. Subway to Sally also made some really good songs, only I would be careful with the controversial or the christian stuff they did...

That be all from me for now. ^^'

Maybe someone else can give some suggestions for these bands too. ^_^;;

Kare
Been Around a Bit

Postby Kare » June 2nd, 2008 1:49 pm

I just figured:
Ich + Ich would be a good choice, too.
No overly peotic sentences, just simple and straight forward language.

Get 40% OFF
Salivia_Baker
Established Presence

Re: More music suggestions. ^^

Postby Salivia_Baker » June 30th, 2008 7:41 pm

Kare wrote:And with Chucks liking for "Rammstein" you really should take one of those. ^^
My personal favorit is "Spieluhr", but that might be way to complex. So why not "Sonne" or something like that? ^^

I like "ohne dich" most.

Oh, and since I think that we have some Tote Hosen fans here:
why not something by them too? "Eisgekühlter Bomolunder" might be to silly, but how about "Bonnie and Clyde" or "Bayern München"? The later would be a good frame for some soccer comments. ;P

*lol* Eisgekühlter Bomolunder? Then you can do "Saufen" by Die Ärzte as well^^ And you forgot 1000 gute Gründe. I mean you want to learn something about Germany as well, right?

Chuck also mentioned Run Lola Run, why not take the song "Wish" from the soundtrack? It does have some German parts in it.

Die Ärzte would be cool for more complex lessons. Or if you want to show that you can use words for many different expressions. Like stehen and setzen:
"Ich stehe an der Ecke und ich warte auf den Bus.
Du stehst auf Schokolade ohne Haselnuss.
Er steht vor ihrer Tür und freut sich auf den ersten Kuss,
und sie steht kurz vor ihrem Schulabschluss.

Doch das System steht noch immer für Unterdrückung,
und für Ungerechtigkeit - es wird Zeit,
es wird Zeit, das wir was dagegen tun.

Der Bus kommt an und ich setze mich hinein.
Du setzt ein bisschen zu, ich schätze, das muss so sein.
Er setzt alles auf eine Karte, denn er ist nicht gern allein,
und sie setzt sich für Flüchtlinge ein.

Nur das System setzt noch immer auf Unterdrückung,
und Gewissenlosigkeit - es wird Zeit,
es wird Zeit, das wir was dagegen tun."

isaac
New in Town

Postby isaac » July 11th, 2008 12:42 am

99 luftballons? ;-) well, it's a catchy tune anyway!

I found your podcast purely by chance... I've been learning German on and off for a couple of years now... my girlfriend is German and her family don't speak English so I started to learn German for answering the phone, then when I went to visit I started to learn more and more. I used the Pimsleur audiobook for a while and found it quite useful for vocab and familiarising myself with some phrases but am really enjoying your podcasts as they are more "real world". Even though I find that I know most of the Newbie and Beginner lessons already, the grammar parts are very well explained, and they are the bits that I have always struggled with. I find the Advanced lessons too hard so please release the intermediate lessons soon :-)

Anyway... thanks for the podcasts, they are informative and funny to listen to as well.

Tchuess

Ice

lamar1
Been Around a Bit

Theme Song?

Postby lamar1 » July 12th, 2008 11:04 pm

What is the name of the song that is being played on GermanPod101 podcast, "Ein, Zwei, Drei, Veir"? Who is it by? I like it.

Sprachprofi
Established Presence

Re: Theme Song?

Postby Sprachprofi » July 13th, 2008 6:15 pm

lamar1 wrote:What is the name of the song that is being played on GermanPod101 podcast, "Ein, Zwei, Drei, Veir"? Who is it by? I like it.

That's the intro to Rammstein's "Sonne".

lamar1
Been Around a Bit

ok

Postby lamar1 » July 17th, 2008 5:15 pm

thank you

lamar1
Been Around a Bit

Remix?

Postby lamar1 » July 17th, 2008 5:20 pm

I have Rammstein's "Sonne" song. It sounds a lot different. It is seems a bit slower than the one that is played on the show. Is it a remix of some sort?

Was_
Been Around a Bit

Postby Was_ » July 17th, 2008 5:50 pm

Which song is it of Rammstein's that goes "Du, Du Hast, Du Hast mich"?

I had always heard it, but never had a clue what the name was...

Whatever the name is, I recommend that song.

:)

lamar1
Been Around a Bit

Du Hast

Postby lamar1 » July 18th, 2008 1:11 am

The name of the song is "Du Hast". It's on their album called "Herzeleid". This album came to be in 1995.

Was_
Been Around a Bit

Re: Du Hast

Postby Was_ » July 19th, 2008 2:55 am

lamar1 wrote:The name of the song is "Du Hast". It's on their album called "Herzeleid". This album came to be in 1995.

Thank you. ^.^
It's sort of obvious... I feel a little stupid for not realising.. :oops:

lamar1
Been Around a Bit

Re: Du Hast

Postby lamar1 » July 24th, 2008 6:01 pm

Was_ wrote:Thank you. ^.^ It's sort of obvious... I feel a little stupid for not realising.. :oops:

Bitte schön

staticon
New in Town

Postby staticon » September 14th, 2008 5:08 am

Eisbrecher recently released an album called Sunde. One of the songs on it is called "This is Deutsch". It's opening bit is about as long your current bit with Rammstein.

jd

Return to “German Lesson Suggestions”