Start Learning German in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

German through jokes?

Sprachprofi
Established Presence

German through jokes?

Postby Sprachprofi » March 20th, 2008 10:17 am

What would you think of a series that teaches German through jokes? It would be aimed at intermediate students, to gradually build up your grammar and vocabulary, but more of a fun series, not as structured as the beginner series. Would you like that?

Codexus
New in Town

Postby Codexus » March 28th, 2008 3:16 pm

That seems like an idea. I'm just afraid that the really funny jokes are those you wouldn't dare to put in a lesson and that what would be left would only be not so funny politically correct jokes.

Get 40% OFF
pseupseudio
New in Town

Postby pseupseudio » June 6th, 2008 5:10 am

I want this.

Was_
Been Around a Bit

Postby Was_ » August 24th, 2008 3:06 am

I really like this idea.
especially the "not as structured" part.... :)

CyberSmudger
New in Town

Postby CyberSmudger » September 3rd, 2008 8:19 pm

Ich weiß nur einen Spaß auf Deutsch.

Zwei Erbsen machten einen Spaziergang. Eine Erbse sagte zur Andere: "Vorsicht! Trep-pep-pep-pep-pep-pe!"

Ich möchte mehr lernen.

johngardner
New in Town

Karl Auer

Postby johngardner » September 8th, 2008 4:00 pm

Karl Auer on Bayern 3

His telephone pranks are hilarious. He calls up businesses (mostly) and pretends to be an ignorant Bavarian. He always has misunderstood some basic word. For instance, he calls up the store where he bought some pepper spray, and he says he can't figure out how to season his food with it. The lady tells him it's for spraying in someone's face. He says he'll try it on his face, and before she can stop him, he screams.

I think jokes would be a great way to learn German. I like the one about the two Bauern going duck hunting. They go out early one morning before dawn, having purchased two excellent hunting dogs. They're out all day, but come back home empty-handed. The first one asks, "What went wrong?" The second answers, "Weiss nicht. Vielleicht haben wir die Huenden nicht hoch genug geworfen!"

robertiscool123
New in Town

jaa!!

Postby robertiscool123 » August 19th, 2009 5:32 pm

ja, das ist gut!!
ich mag das!!
LOL, really wonderful idea!!
-Auf Weidersehen!!

Salivia_Baker
Established Presence

Re: Karl Auer

Postby Salivia_Baker » August 21st, 2009 12:59 pm

johngardner wrote:I think jokes would be a great way to learn German. I like the one about the two Bauern going duck hunting. They go out early one morning before dawn, having purchased two excellent hunting dogs. They're out all day, but come back home empty-handed. The first one asks, "What went wrong?" The second answers, "Weiss nicht. Vielleicht haben wir die Huenden nicht hoch genug geworfen!"

Ich kenne das mit zwei Sauerlänern von Jürgen von der Lippe. Also this one is great
In jedem Kulturkreis haben Mütter für ihre kleinen Kinder andere Ermahnungen. Hierzulande sagen Mütter: "guck nach rechts und links bevor du über eine Straße gehst" oder "geh nicht mit fremden Onkels mit" Eskimomütter haben natürlich ganz andere Sorgen. Hier kommt eine Eskimomutter: "Iss keinen gelben Schnee!"
"German is basically a Lego language - just take word blocks like Welt and Schmerz, smash them together, and you've got some real Weltschmerz. It may sound painful, but it can be practical." - Dan Hamilton

Return to “German Lesson Suggestions”