Start Learning German in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Living in Berlin and studying in Potsdam? Any experiences?

Groen
New in Town

Living in Berlin and studying in Potsdam? Any experiences?

Postby Groen » June 5th, 2009 10:33 pm

Hey!
My university sadly enough doesnt have exchange programs with universities in berlin, but they do have some in Potsdam. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to live in berlin -where i wanna be- and go to study in potsdam? Is it far away? Where in berlin could I best get an appartment which has the fastest connection to potsdam, but where the neighbourhood is also really nice? Preferably with lots of art and artists, of course..

Does anyone have an experience with this? And I realise these are a lot of questions.
I would love some help, thanks!

jenny
New in Town

Postby jenny » September 3rd, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi Groen,

There are lots of students commuting between Berlin and Potsdam. The ride between the two cities takes about an hour (depending on where you live in Berlin).
Obviously, the fastest connection to Potsdam would be to live somewhere around the city center (Berlin Mitte). But if you want to live in a rather "hip" and artistic corner, then I would suggest to live in Prenzlauer Berg oder Kreuzberg.
Berlin's public transportation facilities are really great, so I don't think you will have any problems to get to Potsdam in whichever district of Berlin you live (as long as it's not too far away from the center).

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Jenny
Get 35% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS

Return to “ General Discussion and Help Learning German”