No. I didnt pass.
14%

Total votes: 7

Was_
Been Around a Bit

German citizenship test

Postby Was_ » October 7th, 2008 2:21 am

http://www1.spiegel.de/active/quiztool/ ... i?id=33047

You need to get 17 (of 33) right to pass, according to what I've heard.
I only got a 15:
""Sie haben 15 von 33 Punkten.

Sie sind leider durchgefallen.
""

test it out?
Im not sure this is exactly an "official" citizenship test, but its good to see how you'd score?

Sprachprofi
Established Presence

Postby Sprachprofi » October 7th, 2008 6:30 pm

I got 31 of 33 ;-) This is just an example of what the official test could look like, kind of like those preparatory test sheets for the drivers license exam. There are more than a thousand possible questions that can be used in the official test, and official tests will also contain a few questions related to the state that you are in, whereas this one had random state-level questions at the end, making that part harder. The rest was quite easy though.

Get 35% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
Was_
Been Around a Bit

Postby Was_ » October 7th, 2008 9:06 pm

Now, I would expect it to be easier for you.. :) (I might worry if it wasn't..?)
anyway
I was totally suprised I did that good. Which makes me definitley believe you when you say it was easy. I have a feeling this test might also have been alot easier especailly, had I known any vocabulary related to these sorts of things.

JockZon
New in Town

Postby JockZon » October 8th, 2008 5:01 pm

I got 31 as well, but there were some questions that I think aren't going to show up in the regular test but in the test for the state you want to live in. Like the colours of the flag of Nordrhein-Westfahlen and which suggestion is a "landskreis" in Bavaria. At least I got those questions, and I tried to make the "real" test in the internet (there are PDFs). Some questions had to do with the european union and I am suprised I didn't know them very well, although I live within the union myself. :D
ik bin n berliner!

Varazzeno
New in Town

Postby Varazzeno » October 17th, 2008 4:19 am

I got 25 correct but without dedoing several question I probably would have just barel passed or failed.

My German is not that good but is constantly improving, I like the podcast. If I could understand what every question and answer choice was fully, it would be a very easy test.
Did one of the question ask what the capitol of Hesse was, or did I just read it wrong?

Was_
Been Around a Bit

Postby Was_ » October 17th, 2008 6:56 pm

I retook it. I got 21. :D

If I could understand what every question and answer choice was fully, it would be a very easy test.

that's what I think too.
was? wo? wie? warum?

Kare
Been Around a Bit

Postby Kare » October 19th, 2008 2:33 pm

I managed 28 and I have to say: pretty poor by me. ^-^;;

The magazin Spiegel also offers the Test in English somewhere. I already took that one and had some mayor problem because suddenly everything was called differently. I know that I got a few things right because of that. (the colors of Nordrhein Westfalen for example...)
But seeing that I am taking it for the second time I should be better...

Other than that: even with my very basic history knowledge I could guess some of the tougher questions, therefore: I hope I would past the test. ^-^;;

(And here in Germany there was - of cause - a TV show around that. They had a total of six more or less prominent German people to answer the questions, among them Bushido. And I have to admit: he looked like he was asking himself what he was doing there all the while, but in the end he passed. And while I am not a huge fan of his music, he was actually the only reason to continue watching. Brought a little humor into an otherwise pretty boring show...)

Was_
Been Around a Bit

Postby Was_ » October 22nd, 2008 3:15 am

Kare wrote:(And here in Germany there was - of cause - a TV show around that. They had a total of six more or less prominent German people to answer the questions, among them Bushido. And I have to admit: he looked like he was asking himself what he was doing there all the while, but in the end he passed. And while I am not a huge fan of his music, he was actually the only reason to continue watching. Brought a little humor into an otherwise pretty boring show...)

Oh- that's funny. And, Bushido to particaipate, of all people? Great.. (maybe not exactly the brightest crayon in the box.)

And-back on topic I took it once more and finally reached a score Im happy with- 27.
was? wo? wie? warum?

Return to “ General Discussion and Help Learning German”