a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Online study group for German

Joao_Paulo
New in Town

Online study group for German

Postby Joao_Paulo » September 18th, 2008 4:53 pm

Hello, everyone!

When I started studying Japanese, I was invited to take part in a study group online and it has been really valuable for all of the participants.

Therefore, I thought it would be a good idea if we could gather some people who are interested in doing the same with German. Anyone interested??

Viele Grüße!!! 8)

nerdyrebel
New in Town

Postby nerdyrebel » September 19th, 2008 12:29 pm

Sounds really cool, but how does it work?

Get 40% OFF
Joao_Paulo
New in Town

Postby Joao_Paulo » September 19th, 2008 10:32 pm

Hello, nerdyrebel. Thank you for answering.

I'll tell you the way we work with Japanese. We have a normal course book. Then, when we meet on-line (we use Skype for that), we read the texts, do the exercises and role plays, check new vocabulary.

We are all students, so we try to help each other out when questions appear. That's basically the way it works.

There are plenty of sites talking about exchanging languages (I teach you mine, you teach me yours), but I believe having a group of people studying together is much better. That's my opinion, based on my personal experiences, of course.

By the way, where are you from?

Take care!

nerdyrebel
New in Town

Postby nerdyrebel » September 20th, 2008 11:11 am

Hey there :)

It seems really well thought out and just like how you would learn in a classroom. I think it's an awesome idea and it would be great to start a group like this.
I only have limited access to the internet so I probably wouldn't be able to participate so much myself but it is such an awesome concept.
But I still think it's awesome and am really surprised that less people have replied to this topic. Hmm

Maybe in the future, when I can, I'll join in the fun of learning German with Skype. But until then I wsh you the best of luck!

-Jarrod

(I'm from Australia btw)

Joao_Paulo
New in Town

Postby Joao_Paulo » September 20th, 2008 2:27 pm

Ok, Jarrod. Thank you for answering.

I hope you can take part soon. I'll be around waiting for some people who would like to study German together. It's a good way for motivating each other.

Take care

JockZon
New in Town

Postby JockZon » September 21st, 2008 10:59 pm

Hey, Joao

I am quite fluent in german (a so modest 8) ) so I would love to help you as much as I can if we can form a skype-study group. I've got lots of resources for questions that I myself can't answer. My pronunciation is also more than good according to other germans. If you don't find a real german, I am happy to help since I've learned the language and know the structure very well since my mother tongue, Swedish, is similar to german. I've also been to germany several times this past 6 month because of my german girlfriend and vacation :wink:

Weird that there aren't many that have replied to this post.
/JZ
ik bin n berliner!

Joao_Paulo
New in Town

Postby Joao_Paulo » September 21st, 2008 11:36 pm

Hello, Joakimã

Topper1983
New in Town

Skype to learn German

Postby Topper1983 » September 29th, 2008 1:17 am

Hi guys,

I'm from Australia also and am very interested in learning German using the online study group you talk of. Skype would work well I would suggest. If this ends up taking off then please let me know as I'll definantly be in!!

Tschuss

Joao_Paulo
New in Town

Postby Joao_Paulo » September 29th, 2008 3:51 am

Hello, Topper.

Thank you for your interest. So, what's your level of German?

I have studied German a long time ago, so I could either try to struggle into not so basic German or start from the very beginning.

We could get the group started and leave it opened for people who would still like to join, what do you think?

Joakim, who also answered to this post, offered his help to the group depending on the agreed upon meeting time.

I hope to be hearing from you, then.

Take care!

Topper1983
New in Town

Hello again

Postby Topper1983 » September 29th, 2008 10:46 am

Ja hallo again.

My level of German is quite Basic. I have only taken a serious interest in the last few months to learn German. Starting the group sounds good. How do you propose to do that?

Anyway, schlaf ziet. Gesprach bald. Tschus

peiching
New in Town

Postby peiching » October 2nd, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi. I am a beginner at German. I did a basic evening course a few months ago and am keen to be part of your group. I think it is a great idea to learn the language with others. Please count me in. My skype is peiching9789.

Joao_Paulo
New in Town

Postby Joao_Paulo » October 2nd, 2008 4:23 pm

Hello, Peiching!!

Thank you for your interest!!!

I will be adding you at Skype and then all we have to do is try to find a suitable time for everybody to get started.

Where do you live? What's your time zone?

I'll be in contact with you soon!

peiching
New in Town

Postby peiching » October 3rd, 2008 12:38 am

I am in Hong Kong. Time zone gmt+8. Bis bald.

anna722
New in Town

study group

Postby anna722 » October 14th, 2008 1:52 am

Did this study group ever get started and how can I access it? I am a beginner in German. I just started studying this September and am really eager to practice so I can improve my language skill.

Danke!

Joao_Paulo
New in Town

Postby Joao_Paulo » October 14th, 2008 11:02 pm

Hello, Anna!

The group hasn't started yet, but as soon as we get our time zones adjusted we'll be launching it.

I'll get in touch with you, so that we could get things settled.

Where do you live? What's your time zone?

Take care!

Return to “ General Discussion and Help Learning German”