Start Learning German in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

skype?

remjsmom76
New in Town

skype?

Postby remjsmom76 » March 11th, 2011 5:06 pm

I am looking to really practice my German, but I also want my daughters to learn it as well. Im looking for a family that has kids who are wanting to learn english as well. That way, my girls practice their German and the German kids can practice their english.

Salivia_Baker
Established Presence

Postby Salivia_Baker » March 18th, 2011 5:10 pm

Why does it have to be a family? wouldn't any willing native speaker do?
"German is basically a Lego language - just take word blocks like Welt and Schmerz, smash them together, and you've got some real Weltschmerz. It may sound painful, but it can be practical." - Dan Hamilton

Get 40% OFF
remjsmom76
New in Town

Postby remjsmom76 » March 19th, 2011 3:24 pm

if it were just for me yes...but Im not sure my children would feel comfortable speaking to an adult. we live in an area of Texas where NO ONE...knows German, so its very hard to be able to teach my girls the language while IM still learning it. I know its far fetched but it doesnt hurt to try.

Salivia_Baker
Established Presence

Postby Salivia_Baker » March 19th, 2011 3:42 pm

I guess it depends on how old your children are, how old the adult is and if both parties can connect to each other.

Well if you want, you can talk to me via Skype (salivia_baker). Maybe I am not suited for your kids, but at least I can try to help you with your German.
"German is basically a Lego language - just take word blocks like Welt and Schmerz, smash them together, and you've got some real Weltschmerz. It may sound painful, but it can be practical." - Dan Hamilton

Return to “ General Discussion and Help Learning German”