a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Grammatical Terms

samueldam4483
New in Town

Grammatical Terms

Postby samueldam4483 » May 19th, 2010 3:33 am

Guten Tag!
Ich heiße Abdul. Ich komme aus Nigeria. I started learning German because i plan to study there, i started about 4 months back but just discovered your site. And i'll have to say that you lessons are very good, your podcast are interesting and funny and the cultural discussions are very educative, you guys are really doing a great job and Judith i really like your voice. If one uses your resources very well, its very effective. I'm currently on the Newbie Lessons and i wanted to point out, that one thing i think makes Deutsche quite difficult is the fact the the words have alternate forms; blau, blaues, blauen, blaue e.t.c. So I think this is one point you guys should make clear to everyone who starts learning, so one should try and acquaint one's self with the the different forms(which i think is very important).

One big help i need is to really understand those grammatical terms used e.g when you guys say things like dative, akkusative, nominative and so on. I've seen the definations but its difficult to understand. Do you guys have a detailed explanations of this, with practical examples, that would be great.

Auf wiederhören und Danke

Sprachprofi
Established Presence

Postby Sprachprofi » May 19th, 2010 7:49 am

Hey Abdul,

I'm glad you're enjoying the lessons. The topic of declensions is really too difficult for newbies, that's why we recommend just accepting the fact that there are different forms for now, and then we start explaining them in later lessons. If you want to skip ahead already, the most detailed and complete explanations can be found in

Intermediate Series Season 3 Lesson 10 - Accusative singular
Intermediate Series Season 3 Lesson 11 - Accusative plural & how to use the Accusative

Intermediate Series Season 3 Lesson 14 - Dative singular
Intermediate Series Season 3 Lesson 15 - Dative plural & how to use the Dative

Intermediate Series Season 3 Lesson 20 - Genitive singular
Intermediate Series Season 3 Lesson 21 - Genitive plural & how to use the Genitive

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
samueldam4483
New in Town

Postby samueldam4483 » May 19th, 2010 11:06 pm

The Intermediate series, are they before or after the Beginner Lessons.

Sprachprofi
Established Presence

Postby Sprachprofi » May 20th, 2010 6:54 am

After. You can start Intermediate Series Season 2 immediately after finishing one of the beginner courses, and then Intermediate Series Season 3 right after Intermediate Series Season 3.

Return to “ General Discussion and Help Learning German”