Start Learning German in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

German Movies

Salivia_Baker
Established Presence

Postby Salivia_Baker » May 31st, 2011 11:18 am

peptastic6579 wrote:Europa Europa was good. There is indeed a new Das Experiment coming out. It was based on an American school project so I'm not sure if this is a remake. I found the German version too disturbing to get through.

Die Welle is based on an American school project called The Thrid Wave. Das Experiment is based on the Stanford Prison Experiment.
I guess if you have the experement as basis then it's not a remake but if you have the movie as basis then it is.
"German is basically a Lego language - just take word blocks like Welt and Schmerz, smash them together, and you've got some real Weltschmerz. It may sound painful, but it can be practical." - Dan Hamilton

dsm295302179
New in Town

Postby dsm295302179 » August 13th, 2011 4:18 pm

There is a movie called "M" that I thought was very good. It was made before WWII, so a lot of the writing is done in the old German lettering. Not the happiest of films (the 'M' stands for 'Mörder' and is about a man who kills children), but it is really good.

Get 40% OFF
Salivia_Baker
Established Presence

Postby Salivia_Baker » August 31st, 2011 1:55 pm

Full German title is "M - Eine Stadt sucht einen Mörder" it's from 1931. And I agree, it's a good movie from the famous German film maker Fritz Lang.

Wiki-Link
imdb-link
"German is basically a Lego language - just take word blocks like Welt and Schmerz, smash them together, and you've got some real Weltschmerz. It may sound painful, but it can be practical." - Dan Hamilton

Return to “ General Discussion and Help Learning German”