Start Learning German in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Proof reading help with German letter

fritzad
New in Town

Proof reading help with German letter

Postby fritzad » October 24th, 2011 12:50 am

I would like to send a short thank you letter to the German family I stayed with in Erding while attending the Oktoberfest in Munich. My German is still very poor so I need someone to check my grammer and spelling
to ensure the message is correct and I don't sound to foolish. I really enjoyed my stay in Bavaria. The Oktoberfest was really a blast, the beer is the best and I would heartily recommend it to anyone who is looking
for a fun time. The people here are very friendly and the country really is strikingly beautiful. Munich is a very modern clean city with a rich history and culture and many interesting sites to see. Try the currywurst,
it's good! I found the Bavarian dialect almost impossible to understand as they seem to have a different word for just about everything. It almost qualifies as a seperate language from high German. On the bright side
they have no trouble understanding you if you want to speak to them using high German and thankfully a large percentage also speak and understand English. The young boy had been studying English in school for three years
and was very excited with our visit because he could now practice his language skills with actual english speaking Canadians. His English was far better than my German. His mother worked in the airport and she was
therefore quite fluent in English. The husband Max however spoke English about as well as I spoke German. After a few beer however our communication skills seemed to remarkably improve! Anyway here's my letter and thanks
for any help

Also danke vielmals zu unseren gnädigen Gastgeben Hilda, Max, Manuella, Christoph, und Johanna für unseren Besuch in Deutschland so ein angenehmer und denkwürdiger Anlass machen. Auch dank Herbert für zeight uns um
Wien und Erwin für die Einladung entlang zu Hildas Geburtstagsparty. Ich werde es vermissin Freundliches all die Leute, die köstlichen Speisen, und besonders die erdinger Weissbier.

Alles Gutes,
Archie
Get 40% OFF

Return to “ General Discussion and Help Learning German”